Who is Land Victoria?
Land Victoria is the key agency for the Victorian Government for land admin, property information and the aiding for better use of government-owned land. It is the main source for anything to do with Land in Victoria, including valuations, renaming, registration and maps. Their aim is to facilitate better use of land through the many services they provide, and for that information to be easily accessible.
What Does Land Victoria Do?
Land Victoria is responsible for many things, and are a trusted source of information on Victorian ownership and interests. Some of the areas that Land Victoria provides information and services include:
- Land Registration – manages land titles in Victoria
- Spatial Data Services and Maps – Many people rely on these products and services. For example, Surveyors access the property boundary maps.
- Surveying – provides surveys for major government infrastructure projects, and defines property boundaries.
- Land Valuation – this information is provided for all government departments and agencies. Councils use these services to determine rates.
- Geographic Names – they ensure that the naming rules are upheld for all of Victoria’s roads, features and localities.
- Government Land Advice – provide government land policy, advice and oversight. The Victorian government has legislation and policies that dictate how land can be acquired and sold.