Subdividing a residential or commercial property is a strong prospect for investors who are looking to maximise their income and/or profits. In order for you to achieve your desired profit margins, we can guide you through the complicated legal steps involved in the subdivision process.
Your Subdivision Experts
Dividing your land or property has its advantages, however strict subdivision laws need to be observed and obeyed. These laws can differ between states, cities and even suburbs, so any missteps during this process may be costly and time consuming. Our guidance and advice regarding the subdivision process will ensure the best outcome for you during this lengthy process.
The Subdivision Process
There are several steps involved when subdividing your land, and the process can be quite lengthy and costly. This process will differ from area to area, and this needs to be addressed prior to commencement.
- A copy of the title needs to be obtained – in order to plan for the subdivision process, a title search is required.
- Engage a surveyor – As part of your council application, you will require a surveyor to survey and prepare the land.
- Local council application – Liaise with your local council. If all your requirements are met, then they will approve your plans.
- Conveyancer – A conveyancing service is required to prepare and lodge many documents, forms and checklists with Land Victoria. This crucial step allows for the creation of the new lots of land.
- Land Victoria – Once the documents and forms have been lodged, Land Victoria will examine these in order to register the new plan and Certificates of Title.
Minimise Your Costs
Subdivision costs can be very costly, even when things go smoothly and according to plan. With the multitude of documentation, applications and processes involved in the transaction, your budget and timeline can quickly exceed your initial projections. Conveyancing Lab will provide you with the right advice and the complete management of the legal aspects of subdivision. We’ll ensure that you save as much time and money throughout the entire process.